terms & conditions
we / us / our – Charley and Billie
customer / you / your / they – the purchaser of goods
goods / items – the Charley and Billie product which is offered for sale
- All prices quoted are in GBP (£). If you receive a quotation for an international order then it is your responsibility to convert the currency.
- UK customers will be directed at the checkout stage to PayPal’s secure website for payment using a PayPal account, or a credit or debit card. This payment method is fast, safe and easy, and does not require a PayPal account.
- We are happy to ship our goods worldwide. We ask the international customer to contact us in the first instance to obtain a quotation for the shipping cost. The international customer will then receive a request for payment in the form of a PayPal invoice via e-mail. The invoice will contain a direct link to PayPal’s secure website, whereby payment can be made using a PayPal account, or a credit or debit card. This payment method is fast, safe and easy, and does not require a PayPal account. Because of both stock quantities and the weekly fluctuation in international shipping costs, the quotation will only be valid for 7 business days from the invoice date. Once payment has been made and confirmed to us, we will process the order.
Shipping & Delivery
- For goods in stock, the order processing time is normally within 3 business days.
- For custom orders, the order processing time will be advised at the time of ordering.
- UK orders have a delivery aim within 3 business days of shipping via Royal Mail or UPS.
- International orders have a delivery aim within 10 business days of shipping via Royal Mail International Standard or UPS.
- Delivery costs do vary according to the parcel’s mass and dimensions. For an accurate delivery cost: add your chosen good(s) to the shopping cart then select ‘VIEW CART’, whereupon, the shipping cost will be displayed in the ‘CART TOTALS’.
- The delivery cost quoted at checkout is determined by the good’s mass and dimensions, hence why there is an increase in cost to ship a cat scratcher than there is to ship a cat toy. However, we have made the decision not to pass on the whole amount of increased costs to the customer. Similarly, if a good is ordered in a multiple quantity then the delivery cost will not increase. Equally, if different goods are purchased within the same order then the delivery cost will not increase.
- If the Replacement Recycled Cardboard Sleeve is purchased on the same order as a cat scratcher then the sleeve will require re-assembling. The reason for this is to reduce the finished parcel volume, thus avoiding an additional delivery cost.
- Local customers are welcome to collect their order free of charge. Please contact us in the first instance to place your order and arrange collection. Payment for the order will be required in full upon collection using cash, a PayPal account, or a credit or debit card.
- If your order is a gift and you would prefer the cost not to be displayed, then please advise by completing the ‘ORDER NOTES’ box at checkout and we will include a gift receipt.
- The international customer is welcome to make their own shipping arrangements. Please contact us in the first instance to place an order and we will raise an invoice less shipping costs. We would need to be advised of the intended order collection date, as soon as this detail is known.
- The international customer is responsible for any additional fees associated with shipping to their country, for example: customs, duties, taxes and handling. We recommend the international customer calculates these costs, if applicable, prior to placing their order. Furthermore, customs may open and inspect a parcel.
- International shipping demands that we complete and attach a customs label to the parcel including a declaration of the value of the good(s), regardless of whether this is a gift.
- Smaller parcels will be delivered via Royal Mail. To keep costs to a minimum this delivery will not include tracking.
- Larger parcels will be delivered via UPS and will require a signature upon delivery. UPS deliveries do include tracking. The tracking link will be provided within the despatch notification sent by e-mail.
- A notification of shipping will be sent by e-mail upon despatch.
- If a circumstance changes meaning we are unable to supply the whole of an order within one delivery, we will ship the goods using separate deliveries. In this event you will not incur any further delivery costs.
- UK and international customers are advised to contact us if an order is not received within 14 business days of delivery.
- We insist that the whole of the order is inspected upon delivery and any shortage, fault or damage reported immediately. If we do not hear from you within 14 business days of delivery then we will presume that you are happy with your order.
Cancellations & Returns
- An order cancellation will be accepted within 14 days of the order date. If the order has not been despatched then the order will be cancelled and you will receive a full refund. If you have already received the order you will be expected to contact us in the first instance to inform us of the return. The order must be returned to us within 21 business days of delivery. The whole of the order must be returned in its original condition and contained within the original packaging. The packaging should also contain the order receipt for the refund to be processed. Please note that it is the customer’s responsibility to organise the return, including delivery costs. A refund of payment will not be given until the whole order has been received and checked by us. We recommend that your returned delivery to us is insured accordingly as we will not be liable for any damage or loss during transit.
- If your good(s) is damaged or faulty upon delivery then we ask that you notify us as soon as possible, but you must notify us within 14 days of delivery. In order for a claim to be processed for damaged good(s) we will require photographic evidence of the parcel from all sides, the inner packaging and the good(s) itself. The damaged or faulty good(s) must be returned to us complete with its original packaging and with the original order receipt. A damaged or faulty good(s) being returned will qualify for free return. We will arrange either for a collection or send you a returns label complete with details on how to return. Once a damaged good(s) has been returned to us we will organise for a replacement to be shipped to you. Once a faulty good(s) has been returned to us we will organise for a refund or a replacement, according to your wishes.
- If the reason for exchange is not as a result of damage, or fault then the customer will be responsible for the delivery costs associated with the shipping of the replacement good(s).
- Custom orders cannot be returned without prior agreement.
- Refunds will be made to the same person and via the same payment method. If an order was paid via a credit or debit card then the refund will be given to that same card.
- According to PayPal’s terms and conditions, a full or partial refund may take between 7 and 10 business days to process.
- In the event of short delivery we will make good the deficit.
Pricing, Goods & Changes
- We make every attempt to ensure that all prices on display at charleyandbillie.uk are accurate.
- We retain the right to amend the price of a good without prior notification.
- If the price of a good is amended then any orders being currently processed will not be affected, but will be honoured with the prices remaining the same as at the time of making payment.
- We retain the right to discontinue a good without prior notification.
- If we are no longer able to supply an order in full or part due to any cause or event beyond our control then we may cancel or suspend the order in full or part without liability. In this event we will give you notice in writing.
- Due to the competitive market of shipping, shipping costs can fluctuate. We regularly keep abreast of the shipping costs charged by Royal Mail and UPS which are applicable to our goods. The current trend is that UK delivery usually remains static throughout the current year, whereas international shipping can fluctuate on a weekly basis. We will always attempt to keep shipping costs to a minimum and we would not, under any circumstance, make a profit on this service. Therefore, a shipping cost rise will only be passed on to our customer if absolutely necessary. However, if a shipping cost falls then we will reduce the shipping cost to the customer accordingly.
- Stock quantities reflect both the time taken to handcraft the good and delivery times for materials/components. If you do require a higher quantity than the stock carried then please contact us and, if we can accommodate you, we will raise a custom order accordingly.
- Every care has been taken to ensure photographs, descriptions and specifications are accurate representations of our goods.
- Please be aware that the finished good may vary slightly as each good is handcrafted and is, therefore, unique.
- The goods comprising of natural components may carry variations. For example: no one stone is the same with some stone slab bases for the Charley and Billie Original Cat Scratcher having a fossil marking, equally; the oak may contain characteristic knots.
- As goods are handcrafted the labour impacts considerably on the process and time. Therefore, we cannot offer wholesale prices.
- By accessing and using charleyandbillie.uk you are agreeing to use this website for lawful purposes only, and in a manner that does not infringe the rights of, or restrict or inhibit the use and enjoyment of, this website by any third party.
- Whilst we welcome and encourage customer reviews and blog interaction, we would insist that you take every precaution to ensure that material is not offensive, in any way or form, to this website or any third party.
- You must not misuse our site by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to our site, the server on which our site is stored or any server, computer or database connected to our site. You must not attack our site via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of-service attack. By breaching this provision, you would commit a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them.
- You are not permitted to place an order with charleyandbillie.uk unless you agree to be bound by our ‘Terms and Conditions’.
- charleyandbillie.uk is operated by Charley and Billie. This website’s content is not intended for commercial use and unless you have prior agreement from us, we do not permit you to copy, distribute, publish or alter the content of www.charleyandbillie.uk .
- charleyandbillie.uk may contain links or references to third party materials and websites. We do not endorse, authorise or have control over any such third party materials and websites, therefore, we are not liable for the content or your use of any such third party materials and websites.
- If you breach any of these terms then we have the right to terminate your access to charleyandbillie.uk .
- When registering your personal data with charleyandbillie.uk you will be asked for your name, postal address (including postcode), an e-mail address and a contact telephone number.
- Your personal data will be electronically stored on our database and may be used for order processing, product promotions (via e-mail), competitions, and marketing purposes and research.
- By registering your personal data with charleyandbillie.uk this will enable you to be kept abreast of current product promotions and competitions as well as speed up any order input. Using this account feature also permits you access to leave honest and constructive reviews for goods purchased.
- Your registered e-mail address and telephone number will be shared with the courier at the time of dispatching your order. This personal information will ONLY be used by the courier: a. to e-mail you with your delivery tracking details, and; b. as a telephone contact should the courier need to contact you directly regarding your delivery.
- If at any time you wish to unsubscribe from our e-mail mailing list then contact us at email@example.com to advise.
- Disclosure of Personal Data You can rest assured that we will not, under any circumstance, share, sell or distribute your personal data with any third party.
- Data Integrity & Security Personal data is stored on our private and secure database and, although we can make no guarantee, we will make every attempt to prevent against any loss, misuse, unauthorised disclosure, alteration or destruction of data.